Clear All

• clothcraft 0-50 an ongoing guide

### I - Intro
    ### II - The Weaving Guild
    ### III - Recipe Lists
    ### IV - Leveling Guide
    ### V - Tips and Tricks

###I Intro
    Not an end all, be all guide, but hopefully any aspiring clothcrafters can find some helpful hints in it. This isn't meant to be teh RIGHT way, or anythign like that, just the way I took, so maybe you'll find some helpful hints in it, though I'm sure most of this is in other guides. I'll start by putting a few links to various recipe lists. the third section will be a
    guide to what I feel are the best recipes to level up with. The final section will be various tips and tricks I've found along the way, as well as some theories or myths.

### II The Weaving Guild
    Welcome to the wonderful world of clothcraft. Weavers are the community that create the light cloth armors that are prevalent among Mages and Jobs of the Far East. Although not profitable at low levels, when combined with Leathercraft and Goldsmithing, this craft can prove to be one of the most rewarding at higher levels. The Guild is Located in Windurst Woods at G-12.
    There is also a Guild Shop located in Selbina at H-9 and in Al Zahbi at J-10.

### III
    A list of clothcraft recipes can be found here:
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/dyn/guilds/Clothcraft.html
    Here:
    http://www.killingifrit.com/page.php...1b82a09995af81
    and Here:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/index.p...fxi_gld_03.gif

### IV
    OK, now to the meat of this bad boy. wow, enough with the disgusting imagery.

***0-1
    Wind Crystal + Yagudo Necklace = Grass Thread x 3
    I chose this one to level on early because I was leveling in windy and would get the crystals and the necklaces from various yagudos. Also, you will use the threads for the upcoming levels.

***1-4
    Earth Crystal + 3 Grass Thread = Grass Cloth
    Once again, you already made the threads, so you're saving money. Save those cloths for later!

***4-8
    Earth Crystal + 2 Grass Cloth + 1 Grass Thread = Cape
    This recipe will be a grind, since the capes don't stack. I'd suggest farming some lightning clusters or crystals and desynth what you can, and eat the losses. Don't forget to save one Cape for the Guild test
    !!!!! At level 8-10 remember to turn in your guild item- Cape!!!!!!!!

***8-11
    Lightning Crystal + 2 Saruta Cotton = Cotton Thread
    Very necessary, very painful. YOu can farm and Steal the cotton from Mandragoras in Tahrongi Canyon and Buburimu Peninsula.

***8-12
    Earth Crystal + 3 Cotton Thread = Cotton Cloth
    Save the Threads, Make the cloth. see the pattern?

***8-11 ALTERNATIVE
    Wind Crystal + 2 Grass Cloth = Hachimaki
    I've labeled this as an alternative because they don't sell very well, and you can't really reuse them later on. You might need the Grass Cloths for later recipes, but for a couple levels if you're having trouble with the cotton, I'd suggest trying this recipe.

***12-16
    Earth Crystal + Cotton Cloth + 2 Grass Cloth + Grass Thread
    filler recipe. Hope you saved your cloths and threads from before.

***16-18
    Earth Crystal + 2 Cotton Cloth + Cotton Thread = Cotton Cape
    Same as the grass recipes. Save one for your Test!
    !!!!!At 18-20 remember to turn in a Cotton Cape for your test!!!!!

***18-22
    Wind Crystal + 2 Yagudo Feather = Yagudo Fletchings X 6
    Pretty easy recipe, farm the feathers, they drop like crazy. Unfortunately, the fletchings aren't worth very much. I'd suggest NPC to save space.

***24-27
    Earth Crystal + 2 Cotton Cloth + Grass Thread = Heko Obi
    Another Mass production item that you can't stack, but at this point it's the most cost efficient recipe. Don't forget to save one for your test.

***27-31
    Wind Crystal + 2 Linen Cloth = Soil Hachimaki
    This recipe is a little costly and it doesn't stack. I've included an alternative that I used and had better luck with.

***27-30 ALTERNATIVE
    Earth Crystal + Animal Glue + Bat Fang + Chocobo Feather = Fly Lure
    You need some bonecraft skill for this, but it will cap bone at 8 so it's not terribly difficult to level it enough for this recipe. the Feathers are quite cheap, and you can farm the other ingredients, so this recipe is by far the more cost efficient of the two.

!!!!! At 28-30 remember to turn in a Heko Obi for your test!!!!!

***30-34
    Earth Crystal + 2 Cotton Cloth + Grass Thread + Saruta Cotton = 33 Shinobi-tabi
    this recipe sells fairly well if you farm and craft your own ingredients.

***33-35
    Lightning Crystal + 2 Sheep Wool = Wool Thread
    another thread recipe. Mostly a rinse/repeat here.

***35-37
    Earth Crystal + 3 Wool Thread = Wool cloth
    yet another cloth recipe. This one sells pretty well on auction houses though.

***37-42
    Wind Crystal + 2 Bird Feather = 6 Bird Fletchings
    and anther fletching recipe. Expect a lot of breaks doing this one, but with Advanced Support, you should be ok. Luckily these are easy to farm.

!!!!!At 38-40 Remember to turn in a Feather Collar for the guild test!!!!!

***42-45
    Earth Crystal + Silk Thread + 2 Wool Thread = Velvet Cloth
    First Adventure into the silk threads. Try to farm what you can and hopefully this won't become a huge gilsink.

!!!!!At level 48-50 Remember your guild test. Wool Bracers this time.!!!!!

***45-52
    Wind Crystal + 2 Insect Wing = 6 Insect Fletching
    Expect a LOT of breaks considering the level gap between the cap and 45. I'll include an alternative to help if you have some trouble with this.

***45-51
    Lightning Crystal + 2 Crawler Cocoon = Silk Thread
    Not a huge difference in level gap, but if you find a recipe you would rather try, then by all means, I'd suggest it. Cocoons are hard to find unless you do a lot of your own harvesting, which I'd suggest.

Ongoing guide from here. I'm still at 51, but any time I get suggestions I'll gladly add them and credit the person who helps me compile this beast.

###V

Tips and Tricks. As before, anyone who has a helpful tidbit, please send it in or add to the thread, I'll do my best to put it in and credit you
    • If you can farm it, FARM IT.
      The guild shop in Selbina at H-9 is very handy if you have an outpost warp. Not to mention the prices are pretty nice.
      Harvesting in West Sarutabaruta will get you a ton of useful items. Also some you can sell fairly well to support your clothcraft habit.
      GUILD SUPPORT! enough said.

###VI
    As far as I can tell, that sums it up. Please submit any helpful information, and don't forget to include who you are so I can give credit where it is due. Thank you for reading my guide. (TF) Sylvane

Re: clothcraft 0-50 an ongoing guide

You can do Linen thread from 11 to 19, and Linen cloth from 19 to 22. Should be profitable if you buy your Flax flowers in the guild at at the low price. Flax flowers can also be bought from your home town air travel agency vendor if your home town is in first place.

Comment

I'd suggest the Linen stuff from 11-22 as well...it's very easy and I was able to get from 11-21 in about 3 hours or so talking in LS and crafting randomly...it was very cheap and I had a ton of stuff saved up when I was done. :D

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

You can do Mohbwa Thread from 35-41, it's cheap on the AH, and has a better rate than bird feathers, I've found. Also, you can harvest it outside Al'zhabi.

Comment

Linen Cloth is very profitable. I dunno why but can go from 40k-65k on AH in fairy.
          Desynth Tonberry Jackets for linen cloth and synth into cloths easily MUST DO only on lightning day sitting south/southwest. I havn't failed on these desynths yet...(watch...tonite i'll fail on every one. lol)

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

desynthesis is more then look southwest + lightningsday.. you need to do some research, i`m able to get 50-75% success with mamool ja collars a.e.

OP:
            i would do some research, in my opinien there are better ways to reach 50+
            faster way + more gil saving ways. but at least it all depends on your server, so best advice is to do a lot of research on your servers economy.
            but the guide is nice written !
            Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

Originally posted by Last_Viper View Post
              desynthesis is more then look southwest + lightningsday.. you need to do some research, i`m able to get 50-75% success with mamool ja collars a.e.

OP:
              faster way + more gil saving ways. but at least it all depends on your server, so best advice is to do a lot of research on your servers economy.
              if i fail on 2 out of 12 jackets...i don't think i need to do more research.

Comment

oh sorry, i read it in the wrong way
                /bow forgive me
                Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

Originally posted by Last_Viper View Post
                  OP:

Thanks for the input, but as I said, it's not a sure way it's a guide. Researching your own server's economy would always be wise. I mostly farmed/harvested or reused all of my materials, so I was basically using ingredients that I could bring in without spending too much gil. I leveled to 50 with about a 50k loss on the shiva server this way. Granted it took awhile, but that didn't bother me. If you want to level your craft skills faster there's probably a better way. Another bonus to farming the goods was that anything i sold was 100% profit.

I'll get around to putting everyone's input into the main post sometime in the near future. Thanks for all the input.

Comment

but in the end when all is said and done....

Thanks Sylvane in helping me get to 50 CC quick and with some great money making items for my server

Comment

What direction should you face when crafting for this guild?

Nevermind found a thread.
                      Last edited by dani1977; 08-13-2008, 08:46 AM. Reason: new info

Comment

I know this is severe necro, and you said nevermind, but just in case you didn't get it from the other thread: the theory of directional crafting has nothing to do with the guild. It's all about the crystal you're using.
                        Ellipses on Fenrir
                        There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                        . . .

Comment

Thanks so much for this guide!

Comment

Working...
                          X