Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can not find an appropriate place to put gardening questions so here is the big Q..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can not find an appropriate place to put gardening questions so here is the big Q..

Ok, I have been looking up and down, sideways and backways, and any other ways that you can to find a decent guide for gardening. I am at the point in my gardening career where I am gardening cuttings into saplings and I want to take the next step and go into the ORE business. I would like to know all the details if possible (gardening equipment, moghancements, pots, etc. etc.) everything. what to wear...you get the idea. If anyone has any useful info it would be much appreciated! Thank you so much!

Re: I can not find an appropriate place to put gardening questions so here is the big

Pikko Pots

Fyi, FFXI Game Related section > Crafting & Synthesis > Harvest (that would be Gardening), Excavate, Logging, Mining
    Last edited by TheGrandMom; 02-09-2009, 11:39 PM.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Re: I can not find an appropriate place to put gardening questions so here is the big

Here's 2 others I found.

Gil Garden Guide by Egomzez - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki
      Advanced Gardening Guide by Egomzez - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
        Harvest (that would be Gardening)
        I always thought that was the action of using a sickle; I wouldn't really lump Gardening into it. I think Gardening has more than enough substance to stand as its own topic rather than being lumped in with HELM.
        FFXIV Balmung Server
        Tenro Matashi
        PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Donkey View Post
          I always thought that was the action of using a sickle; I wouldn't really lump Gardening into it.
          Neither would I.
          Lyonheart
          lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
          Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
          Fishing 60

Lakiskline
          Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
          Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
          Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
          Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Funny, i was going to post this today as well... Pikopots says that if you plant cuttings, check it everyday, and feed it no crystals, you'll have 100% success on cuttings to saplings. I just did my first harvest, and i had 3 mules, some harvested 2 saplings, some harvested one, and some harvested rock salt and shell bugs. All in all, out of 10 pots per mule, i harvest 9,9,and 8 sapplings. Any idea why? Was Piko just wrong, it's not 100% for each cutting? I didnt harvest or plant it on a specific day, or wear anything special. I also harvested the first time I saw the harvest option, should i wait longer? Is there something different i can do to make it 100%?

thanks!
            ~Mez
            Last edited by Mezlo; 02-10-2009, 07:54 AM.
            75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
            RANK 10 Bastok
            CoP: Done
            ZM: Done
            ToA: Done
            Assault rank: Captain
            Campaign Medal: Medals
            Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
            This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

SE sneaked an update in there that changed the cutting to sapling recipe, and I'm guessing that Pikko just hasn't updated it yet.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                SE sneaked an update in there that changed the cutting to sapling recipe, and I'm guessing that Pikko just hasn't updated it yet.
                So do you have any of the new updated info that could help, or do you think they just made it so it's no longer 100% crafting? Does it make a difference on what day you plant or harvest?
                RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                  So do you have any of the new updated info that could help, or do you think they just made it so it's no longer 100% crafting? Does it make a difference on what day you plant or harvest?
                  It's just no longer 100%. I haven't seen any data to suggest that you can minimize shell bugs and rock salt yields by changing the day you plant or harvest on.

I used to do cuttings -> saplings quite a bit, and these are the results I observed after the change. On average, 7.5 cuttings yielded saplings with the other 2.5 cuttings yielding garbage. The sapling yields averaged 1.5 saplings each. So my expected harvest was around 11 saplings per 10 pots.
                  Lyonheart
                  lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                  Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                  Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                  Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                  Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                  Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                  Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I havent had the same results as you unfortunately... My 3 mules yielded 9,9, and 8... Must just be luck... Did you check your more than once a day? I wonder if that might affect it...
                    RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Donkey View Post
                      I always thought that was the action of using a sickle; I wouldn't really lump Gardening into it. I think Gardening has more than enough substance to stand as its own topic rather than being lumped in with HELM.
                      Regardless, that is what Ping says it means and thats why I gave him that information. If you think it should be changed then PM an admin.
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I agree -- lets all go annoy taskmage.

And, for gardening results, the Wiki tends to be pretty up-to-date as far as possible results.

Also: the pot does have a fair bit to do with what results you get. See also: Gardening: Tree Cuttings Recipes - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki
                        Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                        90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                        70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                        52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Working...
                        X