Mining points gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mining points gone?

I have been mining for Mythril Ore in Palborough Mines and mining points just stopped spawning for me earlier this morning. I was just back in there for about an hour, and saw not one point, traveling everywhere in the mine more than once. I understand I could just be missing them, as they can move around spontaneously, but seriously? And there are no bots around, unless they can somehow hide from /sea. Anyone else having an issue on my world or others?
    FFXIV Balmung Server
    Tenro Matashi
    PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Re: Mining points gone?

That happens all the time. Someone else is in the mine and usually consuming points before you get to them. You have to make sure that there isn't anyone in the mine. When I level low-level jobs in Palborough mines, I bring picks with me and mine incidentally while I kill stuff.

Comment

I actually had something similar happen in East Ronfaure [S] for logging ... I had a hard enough time finding points, but sometimes they would just vanish! It was very annoying...

Comment

Their being bot farmed. They use position hacks to move about from point to point, and mine it from beneath the designated play area's. RMT's mainly.

Do a /see all and send tells to everyone in the zone that's anon, or has a funny name and basically ask them if they've noticed anything. If you don't get a response, call a GM. It takes an average of 15-20 minutes for them to do the research and boot the bots, in my past experience.

SE really needs to do something about this, it's been ongoing for years. They can "Ruin fishing" but they can't "Fix" something like this, seems odd. I was thinking of some sort of random number generator when you swing, that you would have to respond to, but bot's could be programed to respond to something like that I'm sure.

I was attempting to farm bloodwood logs in Cadevera(sp) Mire, and I would get to a logging point and get 1 swing in, then my point would disappear. I did a /see all and there was something like 20-25 players in the zone. One was /anon and his name was like nqunxe, or something equally as random. I sent him /tells to inquire and I got no response back.
        A few minutes later as I was "Tab targeting" around looking for points, I targeted him and he was below a tree, underneath the ground. He was gone before I could do a /chk and so was the point I was headed to.
        About 5 minutes later, I targeted him again, same odd position, and I /chk'd him. He was wearing no gear, and I called a GM. He was gone about 20 minutes after my complaint was called in.

It's bullshit though. because that whole scenario took about an hour and a half. and I didn't get shit for it.

Comment

Pos-hack bot operation has been stopped for some time now. It used to be quite common in Mount Zhayolm. AFAIK No one Pos-hacks Zehrun...

Comment

They ban pretty quickly for pos hacking now. I think points just depop sometimes and repop elsewhere, which, if you're running around a zone the size of Palborough, might make it hard to find points.
            sigpic
            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

That's possible, but when I had my Cadavera Mire Incident it was Nov, 08. It still happens, and people get banned, but that dosen't actually fix the problem of them being able to do it.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that they're quick to remove that problem now, and also trying to provide a possible answer to the OP's question.
                sigpic
                ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

True strike

Comment

Working...
                  X