Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vomp Carrot harvesting what am I doing wrong?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vomp Carrot harvesting what am I doing wrong?!

I have a good 15 pots (mixture of brass and earthen) and have been planting Wildgrass Seeds and feeding Earth crystals till I'm blue in the face and all I ever get is Little worms and Lightning Crystals. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to plant on specific days in game (ie Earthsday?) Am I usign the wrong pots? Need to know cause buying vomp carrots is going to put me in the poor house!

Re: Vomp Carrot harvesting what am I doing wrong?!

Vomp Carrots are usually common for me. I have 6 pots(5 brass 1 arcane) and every harvest I have 1~2 stacks of carrots.
    Originally posted by Ellipses
    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
    Originally posted by MCLV
    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
    More Sig:

Comment

Take a look at Nakti's work on carrots in the following thread:

Gardening: Wildgrass Seeds

Comment

You might want to check Pikkos Pots, she has detailed information on when planted, when fed, what type of pot, harvest info.

I have found that site quite useful for my gardening efforts.
        The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

sigpic

Comment

*exhumes ancient thread*

It seems like the chocobreeding industry is failing. Prices for vomp carrot on my server is ridiculous and they're usually only available from mules (one who sells hers for 2.5k -a piece- and a couple others with less, but still extreme prices) that park outside the chocostables on my server.

I'm raising my 6th chocobo on a second character and I've just never gotten the hang of reliably growing vomps. I'm wondering if there's any new research on it. Wiki says the same as it always has and pikko's pots is also a little dated.

I have earthen pots and I feed, plant and check them on earth day. And harvested on earth day. I managed 2 stacks and 2 singles, but only 4 plants actually yielded vomps. The rest yielded little worms which I always thought was the failure harvest of seeds. And one plant yielded some crystals. Is 2 stacks and some change the norm? If so, these mules must have lots of other gardening mules or something cause they have piles of these things. ><

Or should I be trying something different? :3 Anyone had better luck growing them?
          We know the characters aren't real, we just don't care. :3

Comment

Somewhere between 2-3 stacks of Vomp Carrots sounds about right from when I was doing it. You should be getting about 4 plants that yield Vomps, amount of Vomps per plant will vary, so you could get more, you could get less than the average of 2 stacks.

I think my best was 3 stacks and some change. I also don't pay any attention to when I plant or feed, my play time is usually pretty limited, so I check and feed 'em when I can.

Also, let's see. My mules do the gardening for me, any and all pots in my main's mog house are used for decorative purposes. Mules have a table, ceramic pots I believe, and that should be it except for any event furniture that they might acquire.

Hope that helps.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Ok, well at least I know I don't have to go out of my way to check them on a certain day or anything and at least get the same results. That was pretty annoying Thanks for the response
              We know the characters aren't real, we just don't care. :3

Comment

Working...
              X