• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zafmlug bass - cap 43

**--Zafmlug bass, cap 43--**
    **eq: Halycon+worm lure**
    **pos: South Gustaberg**

wiki can kiss my ars on this one..AGAIN, they are definitely not always right, even at the near end era of this game

if you need this for skill up or GP, DON''T by the recommended setup from wiki.

w/ sinking minnow (the one they recommend) you can possibly get Zafmlug, Ogre eel and occasionally Bastore Bream (suppose this is what came to their attention for *best setup) ,
    but at some pt you could lose ur lure to some unknown fish ( ! fish), possibly Gold Lobster I need to work on it later.
    My main problem is you'd get a lot more ogre than Zafmlug, you could tell which by the way swing, but still sucks if you have to give up 5 before get 1 in.

with Halycon+Worm lure, you pretty much ISOLATED THIS FISH. release the !!!s and item catches, thats it, no Ogre, no break line , and no bream either.., fast lvl to blow 43!!!

btw Mithran is lame on this fishes, I got better reel-in rate with Composite, just a note.

good day

Re: Zafmlug bass - cap 43

Originally posted by lemivtre View Post
    **--Zafmlug bass, cap 43--**
    **eq: Halycon+worm lure**
    **pos: South Gustaberg**

wiki can kiss my ars on this one..AGAIN, they are definitely not always right, even at the near end era of this game

if you need this for skill up or GP, DON''T by the recommended setup from wiki.

w/ sinking minnow (the one they recommend) you can possibly get Zafmlug, Ogre eel and occasionally Bastore Bream (suppose this is what came to their attention for *best setup) ,
    but at some pt you could lose ur lure to some unknown fish ( ! fish), possibly Gold Lobster I need to work on it later.
    My main problem is you'd get a lot more ogre than Zafmlug, you could tell which by the way swing, but still sucks if you have to give up 5 before get 1 in.

with Halycon+Worm lure, you pretty much ISOLATED THIS FISH. release the !!!s and item catches, thats it, no Ogre, no break line , and no bream either.., fast lvl to blow 43!!!

btw Mithran is lame on this fishes, I got better reel-in rate with Composite, just a note.

good day
    ...Instead of just bashing wiki, why don't you edit the topic? They make editing available for a reason. A lot more people would benefit from that than the number of people that visit this forum.

Off-topic: I'm not sure what you mean by the near end era of FFXI. SE doesn't plan on discontinuing it anytime soon.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Re: Zafmlug bass - cap 43

Zafmlug Bass are never, ever worth going after specifically. If you're close enough to need skillups from them, you might as well just hang out in Rabao and fish moat carp (for Lu Shang's) and sandfish (for skillups). Even better would be outside in the pools of Western Altepa Desert, though you need to be fairly high level to not get a rather unwelcome aggro from the Cactuars out there near the pools.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
      X