Chocobo Circuit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocobo Circuit.

You know those ideas that come along that seem so simple and so smart, you know you must have overlooked something? I was sitting in Jeuno last night getting ready to head to a party in the past when the leader asked if I could get to windy so he could retrace me. I'm from Sandy, and although I have my Airship pass, who wants to wait around for the boat, or head to the docks only to watch the stupid boat take off a few seconds before you make it on. So to save time, I asked him to meet me at the chocbo circuit. Although I haven't utilized this option as much as I should, I am shocked not everyone is aware of such a shortcut. I got a strange response: "But you are in Jeuno?" I was a little dumfounded, the party leader, who was a veteran of the game, was unaware you could access the same area in very little time from the 3 starter cities, jeuno and whitegate. Of course, you can only exit back the way you came (wouldn't that be all but a beautful way to travel if it were changed) but there are other ways once you are there, to get to a destination. Ie retrace, tele's, warp II etc. So he retraces me, i get to the past, we are good to go.

It kind of starts triggering thoughts going. I guess I haven't abused it as much as I could. The chocobo circuit, at least on Shiva, is barely used by anybody from the few times I have been there. Is it the same on other servers? In reality, it is a good rally point for people. People who use tele's retrace and the likes to make gil IE tele-taxi's should really just set up shop in the circuit. Make it like the hub. I know Lower jeuno and WG are the primary places I hear shouts for tele's and retrace but are people just to lazy to head to the circuit? Is it really out of the way that much to get to the circuit? I've been in Sandy and needed a tele. If I could go to the circuit and find some one waiting there to do that, why not? Is it because you can't set your hp at the circuit? tele-taxi's would have to walk all the way from the hp in port jeuno to the circuit. (in case you forget, there is a HP at the signet guy next to the exit to (Sauromaigne <SP> which is a few yalms from the circuit entrance.) Is it just Shiva that doesn't utilize the chocbo circuit? Or am I missing something so completely obvious that this whole post was a rant for nothing?

And forget upper Jeuno for AFK bazaars, stick em in the circuit as well. do some shopping while you wait for a cab.
    Shiva Server
    Crafting 60 all (Gold 55, Alchemy 90)
    Sandy Rank 10. Basty Rank 10. COP
    99<BLU><BLM><THF><WAR><NIN><WHM><DRK><RNG>
    95<SAM>><PLD>97
    75-90<MNK><CO905><DRG75><PUP77><BST76><BRD91><SCH85><RDM84><DNC75>
    <SMN80>

sigpic

Re: Chocobo Circuit.

Stop making sense and using logic. It's unheard of here.

Read if you don't value your braincells.

Comment

Nobody used it on Fairy, nobody uses it on Sylph.

If they ever removed the sales tax, maybe people would consider it for bazaaring, which would bring in people for tele-taxiing, but that's rather obviously the point of the tax.

There's no home point problems when you're doing retraces. But due to the way that Chocobo Circuit is laid out, I doubt the "zone at 75%" trick for teleports will work, even if you could get people to understand it. And of course nobody shouts for D2 anymore since Repatriation was added to the FoV books.
      Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
      99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
      F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
      >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

whats the zone at 75%? I don't follow. I hadn't checked on bazaars, I thought they got rid of the tax in the circuit when Juneo lifted theires. D2 has always been made for the field imo. Anyone who would pay gil while near a mog house or nomad mooglel when they could just either level BLM or blood warp one of the level one jobs they have, I would question. I guess to some people gil is not really a concern. Still looking for a system to exploit so I can run rich in gil.
        Shiva Server
        Crafting 60 all (Gold 55, Alchemy 90)
        Sandy Rank 10. Basty Rank 10. COP
        99<BLU><BLM><THF><WAR><NIN><WHM><DRK><RNG>
        95<SAM>><PLD>97
        75-90<MNK><CO905><DRG75><PUP77><BST76><BRD91><SCH85><RDM84><DNC75>
        <SMN80>

sigpic

Comment

Stand in front of mog house or other zone line, cast teleport spell, when bar reaches 75% zone real quick. This will override you being teleported with the rest of the party.
          Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
          99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
          F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
          >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Friends and I make good use of the chocobo circuit as a hub as it's easy to get to and convenient for trading, forming parties, and teleporting. I try to get others to use it when it makes sense as well, and about 75% of players just don't know anything about it / have never been there / don't know how to get there, maybe 5% will know what you're talking about, and 20% will just demand everyone go to Whitegate because it's "easier" somehow and the norm.

(Yeah, when it's a full party of 6 there is typically one person who is a dick about it and refuses to come even when the 5 other people are already in the circuit >_> Maybe that's not as common as it used to be, I don't know.)
            Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
            DRK99,DNC91,THF90
            Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
            Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
            WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
            Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
            All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
            Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
            Clothcraft 24
            Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
            BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Also, if you have a charged nexus cape it's an incredible way of getting from one city to another. Form a party with someone who entered from that city (with them as leader), wait for them to zone out and pop.

I (and many others from what I saw) use the circuit for Bonanza Marbles, especially for mules in Whitegate and Jeuno. I also use it for my bastok/windy mules simply because it's much closer than the moogles set up inside the city.

Lastly, Bahamut is so old and set in it's ways that I don't think we would ever see a migration of bazaars from Rolanmart to anywhere else, unless they put up a tax in the areas surrounding Jeuno. It would be nice to be able to use ANY character as a bazaar mule and have equal effectiveness, and the zone would indeed make a wonderful staging point, but it's not likely to happen.

Oh, and the one problem with setting up a tele-service within the circuit, as mentioned earlier, there's no real good way of getting back. All the zoning mechanisms are text-box related (there's no way to zone without getting a prompt) and there's no crystal to warp back to. Which means, best case scenario of Sandy, you set your HP in the city close to the stables, run back through the stables/circuit and then set up shop again, which could take about as much time as the teleport itself. If I can do 2 teles in the same amount of time elsewhere, it's better there.
              Kindadarii (Bahamut)
              90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
              70.3 + 2 Woodworking
              52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Working...
              X