Buying chocobo dye with chocobucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying chocobo dye with chocobucks

I looked all over for an answer for this but am still really confused. According to the wiki:

You can receive this as an item for synthesis (75 Chocobucks), or the dye is applied to the chocobo by the NPC automatically (50 Chocobucks). In the latter case, it lasts until you change the chocobo registered on your chocobo whistle. Note that dyed chocobos will only appear the new color while riding them; they will appear as their original color in chocobo races and at the chocobo raising NPC.
    If you buy the dye for 75 chocobucks, is it still usable on your chocobo, or can it only be used for woodworking synthesis?

"In the latter case, it lasts until you change the chocobo registered on your chocobo whistle..."
    If the 75 chocobuck dye is indeed usable, is it more permanent than the 50 chocobuck one? And can you see it in races?

I understand that many chocobo breeders have a lot of disdain for chocodyes since it almost nullifies there attempts at breeding for color, so I hope I don't get torn apart. But I put a lot of effort into my chocobo, he currently has Outstanding Strength and Endurance on day 37ish. I really like him, but he would be even more perfect if he was blue.
Working...
X