new to Woodworking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to Woodworking

Hi im new to the game and really new to crafting, i was wondering if any1 had any suggestions on how to craft in woodworking for very minimal gil. any suggestions/tips would be very helpful. thanx
    Server~Remora~
    Job: ~Blm70~ ~Whm37~ ~Rdm9~
    Craft ~WoodWorking~0.00

Re: new to Woodworking

Woodworking - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Woodworking Guide by Ctownwoody - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

This guy is a genious when it comes to guides. Hes made a guide on basically anything and the guide will help you get WW up to a decent skill for fairly fast.

But, it gets REALLY expensive in later levels. Alchemy will come in handy with this as well so you can make tons of Shihei which will get you tons of gil. Its really useful so I suggest you try that stratagy.

But as a warning though... It is REALLY expensive in later levels but you can make tons of items once you get it to a higher lvls. At about 27 WW, you should be able to make Shihei (3k a stack) which sell for a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
        But as a warning though... It is REALLY expensive in later levels but you can make tons of items once you get it to a higher lvls. At about 27 WW, you should be able to make Shihei (3k a stack) which sell for a lot.
        It still isn't really profitable or money saving to do it until you are near HQ Tier 2-3 level in both Alchemy and Woodworking. Now if you have a decent level of Fishing and you can farm the Nebimonites to make the black ink, then that would be a whole different story, but they fluctuate in price from about 6-9k a stack. But then too I haven't looked into shihei in a long time, so maybe black ink is cheaper than 4k in price.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
        Originally posted by Solymir
        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

ok cool thank you guys that guide and all that input helped me out alot, got some hatchets and im lvling woodworks ~WW lvl 8 now /cheer~ didnt take to long to get to lvl 8 WW hope it stays this cheap for awhile. . . Black ink on my server ranges from 6-7k a stack which is insane.
          Server~Remora~
          Craft ~WoodWorking~0.00

Comment

Try leveling Alchemy... Poison Powder goes for ~500~ per single bag by the goblin. Its expensive as hell but will save you lots if you can make bolt heads and HQ either the bolts or the boltheads.

Comment

it does seem to be pretty expensive to lvl alchemy, got woodworking 17 so far which is pretty good i think. . . i really do appreciate the help and wanna say thank you again for it.
              Server~Remora~
              Craft ~WoodWorking~0.00

Comment

don't craft, farm...

if you do craft bite the bullet and do either smithing, clothcraft, goldsmithing, or leather.

100 Bone worker here (and 92WW also) and it's like playing a shitty lottery, your better off leveling thf, and working on your marksmanship, and soloing stuff.

Althought, if your gonna be leveling ww, you could make bolts for to level your thief with also.... don't level woodworking any further.

unless you want too. My advice is just that, advice, have fun whatever you do...

p.s. check out this sweet quote i made today:

"There's awesome, and then there's locking a rabid bear in an airlock, onboard a space station, and saying "Fuck you bear!" as you jettision the rabid bear into the deepths of space."

Comment

The big money is in smithing & goldsmithing (either from mining in Halvuung/Mount Z and making ingots or desynthing high lv beastman gear like Antican Pouldrons) or Cloth (Spider Webs for rainbow threads and then cloths = MONEY)
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Spudd View Post
                    got some hatchets and im lvling woodworks ~WW lvl 8 now /cheer~
                    I leveled woodworking the same way when I was starting out. If you have the logging equipment, that would help you alot. I also found a few times where I was the only one logging in Ghelshba, then somebody else ran up to the same tree that I was already swinging at and stole my log. There were also similar characters who were too lazy to find their own logging points, they'd just set their character on /follow and try to steal them from me when I got to them. Eventually I got wise to them, so when I saw the logging point I'd run in the opposite direction. Most of the time they'd get stuck on a tree or run off on their own, then I'd get the logging point to myself. Also, make a macro for hatcheting :D

Back when I was starting out, Elm Logs were about 7k each. Sometimes I could get about 2 in a 1 hour run. After I bought the logging equipment, I saved alot of hatchets and I also could net 3-4/hr sometimes.

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
                    "There's awesome, and then there's locking a rabid bear in an airlock, onboard a space station, and saying "Fuck you bear!" as you jettision the rabid bear into the deepths of space."
                    Was that in Jason X?
                    {New Sig in the works}
                    -----------------------
                    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                      There were also similar characters who were too lazy to find their own logging points, they'd just set their character on /follow and try to steal them from me when I got to them.
                      That's when you set a macro to do a gear change... <flicker> <flicker> ... bye!

And it's not like it's hard to find your own logging points there, It's the goddamn easiest HELM area in the whole game. One "room" and nowhere else.
                      Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                      99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                      F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                      >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwynn View Post
                        That's when you set a macro to do a gear change... <flicker> <flicker> ... bye!
                        Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                        Eventually I got wise to them, so when I saw the logging point I'd run in the opposite direction.
                        My version was more fun lol. Some of the time I don't think they were actually on /follow, but just following me since I seemed to know where I was going.

I'll never forget the day when I got woodworking high enough to make elm lumber. Stacks were rarely sold, but that raked me in enough gil to buy gear and to keep leveling woodworking for a bit when they did.

Originally posted by Elwynn View Post
                        And it's not like it's hard to find your own logging points there, It's the goddamn easiest HELM area in the whole game. One "room" and nowhere else.
                        That's the sad part, I mean it only takes about 20 seconds to walk from one end to the other end. It'll take even less time with that now if you have the sprinter shoes.
                        {New Sig in the works}
                        -----------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X