Coral Fragments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coral Fragments

I'm only starting in Boneworking, but I was charting out a path, sensible and also as frugal as possible with the best ways to have a decent ROI (Return on Investment) at every 5 or so skill levels.

Then I came across into the 70s of Boneworking. Now, I don't know about any bonecrafters here, but coral fragments seem to be something this rare. Looking at Somepage's DB, there's hardly any real consistent source in which a fragment could be derived from. Fulltime THFs would or could farm Sahagins, but at one point in time, they'd be better off trying to get cocoons to drop from spiders (Which was going for about 20K each on my server)

Fragments have gone down in price, yet it is still not cheap. Some servers, like Asura, saw prices as high as 800K for a stack about two months ago. When you review the crafting list, it's almost unavoidable (You could opt for Demon Horns but those aren't cheap either >.>)

So, in the spirit of this discussion, how were other bonecrafters able to gather a supply of coral fragments to make the process less painful as they made their way into the 80s?

Re: Coral Fragments

Coral fragments, on my server at least, are heavilied bot by gil sellers. I can get a stack in an hour fishing in onzozo and hit fatigue in about 2 stacks. But some people bot multiple characters and selling like 20 stacks daily. You need 0 skill to catch them.

Right now, we have 36 stacks of coral fragments on the AH, mostly sold by only 1 person.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Jei, how much are the stacks going for on your server? What is the price history at the moment? What I'm trying to figure out is if buying these coral fragments to craft with is worth the investment in skilling up in the craft. Now, before someone comes in with guns blazing and telling me to just "bite the bullet," realize that in every craft, there are ways to circumvent obstacles in crafting through creative ways of manipulating the system. As far as I know, the 70s in bonecrafting is atrocious for anyone if coral fragments are the only option available. What could possibly happen is that I try to "bite the bullet" with the one and only recipe stuck in the mid-70s using Demon Horns and try to get enough points to burn some gils for the low-80s recipes.

Edit:

Btw, I already charted up to 70 with a path that avoided a lot of expensive materials, like beetle jaws. By being able to dissect and analyze the craft and then create a plan with contingencies in place, one could theoretically level any craft, with a bit of patience and playing the cards right, and not lose any money at all.

Comment

it stayed stable at 370k for a while. Now it's slowly dropping down, 340k atm.
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
          it stayed stable at 370k for a while. Now it's slowly dropping down, 340k atm.
          I hate to be on your server. Then again, the last time a coral fragment was not sold in Jeuno (i.e., Windurst, Bastok, San) it was listed for 5K each and the last time a stack sold was over a year ago at around 115K. I'm sure, by now, it's like way more. I'll go check Jeuno tonight. I'm leveling lowbie jobs and I'm hardly in Jeuno now ...

Comment

Supply for stacks is very constant on my server. Price jumps around a lot though, peaking at 230k (about two or three weeks ago), and currently sitting in the 120k~140k range. Wyvern Scales did this too, as two people seemed to just PL their way through the Dragon Mask phase, and had no qualms about doubling the price of scales. Once they were done, and no one else would pay 250k for a stack of scales, the AH price dropped back down to the 120k~140k range.
            Last edited by onorok; 12-06-2005, 09:05 AM. Reason: horrid spelling
            [ 75PLD / 75WAR / 75BLU / 75NIN / 75DNC / 41MNK ] : [100 +3 bonecraft / 60 +1 leathercraft ] : [ LJ: ono-valefor.livejournal.com ]

Comment

50k/stack here :/
              http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

coral fragments dropped to 7k for singles and 70k/stack on remora. wyvern scales have also dropped to 120k to 130k per stack. both sold as high as 250k per stack. now with them at lower price its profitable to skill bonecrafting on dragon finger gauntlets and dragon greaves, and you can get to 87 on coral bangles at a moderate loss.

on the other hand, silk thread is 80k a stack, silver ingots you are better off getting from desynthing silver earrings bought from vendor in lower jeuno, and sheep leather is 50k/stack.
                Last edited by Ayrlie; 12-27-2005, 03:20 PM.
                Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

you can get coral fragments by clamming at Bibiki bay.

how old is this thread?!?
                  Ramuh Server
                  Linkshell=TDC,BlueRogues,BloodKnights.
                  Samurai all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Xalu
                    you can get coral fragments by clamming at Bibiki bay.

how old is this thread?!?
                    Kinda old =/ Not that it really matters anymore, seeing how the inflation &&&&& everything over the holidays and I decided not to craft because of it. Instead, I popped in for a couple of days, made 1 million gil putting a few things on AH that I made and logged out and 2 months later, I've yet to log back in again.

Dude, I just realized that my plants might be long dead. You know, the tree cuttings? O_o;; *cries*

Comment

You can also get them from Sahagin in SSG <_< When I was there killing novv, the placeholders would drop coral fragments a lot.

75 DRG 72 BLM
                      37 SMN, WAR
                      32 THF MNk

Comment

The above suggestions sound fine. But if you made friends with a high lvl digger on your server, you could contract out coral fragments. They're a pretty common drop for high lvl diggers. It helps the digger out too, they know their product already has a home so they aren't as worried about warehousing.

Dunno how much giant femurs, logs, mythril, silver, zinc, and iron I've had to throw out cause I didn't have a ready buyer and warehousing some stuff is too much of a hassle. Coral fragments and Wyvern Scales don't sell fast enough so some times it requires them to be npc'd to make room for higher-turnover items.

Comment

when i dig in altep, i usually store the wyvern scales and coral fragments on a mule for future crafting binges. i got a static buyer for the dragon pants/gauntlets/greaves and since the AH is never stocked, I tend to keep them aside. I haven't made them for that buyer for some time but I expect an order in the near future.
                          Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                          Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

When I was in the Coral Bangles stage of bonecraft I inquired heavily into where these were coming from, since there price crashed just as I was reaching that stage (lucky for me). Turns out that a few gilselling groups got into a pricewar over selling them and that's why the price crashed. They were getting them from fish-bots in LoO. When I went and fished there for them (Composite rod + Little worm) I got about 2-4 an hour, so it wasn't worth my time.
                            Crafts 520/520+5: Bone 100+3, Leather 60+1, Alchemy 60+1, Others: 60
                            Bard: Making 5 people better than 6 one party at a time.
                            Beastmaster: It's not a mindless killing machine, it's my friend.

Comment

Why??? Coral Fragments only needed mid 80's. Go out and do beast horns and tiger fangs in the field, and in the low 80's, the rings. Save yourself a ton of money... in fact, if you take leather ingredients with you (assuming you have leveled leather on a 1-to-1 basis as recommended), you can make a ton of money selling ram leather and tiger leather!!! Do not understand why you are avoiding this route.

Comment

Working...
                              X