This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonecrafting 101

Welcome to Bonecrafting 101, it's not a cheap or easy road (okay maybe a little cheap and a little easy) but I'm here to try and make it a lil cheaper and a lil easier

Back to the Basics

First off you need to get yourself ready for it. Crafting can be very fun, but also very time-consuming and very expensive. So you've come to this page to maybe get some recipes or maybe get some pointers on where to hunt, etc., but are you really sure you want to do Bonecrafting?

Bonecrafting doesn't really pay off until later levels when you can make things like Carapace Armor and Carapace Rings +1, so while everyone else is raking in loads of cash with Goldsmithing, or making tons of food using cooking, your stuck chipping away at a bone fragment grumbling to yourself for awhile, remember that even though theres pays off now, yours pays off in the end. If you truly stick tih it, the materials to make high quality items are very easy to get and once crafted sell for kudo $$$. But thats around 60+ :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

So you still wanna do it? I haven't scared you off yet? Well then on with my discussion....

In the beginning...

Okay first off ya need to know about the Crafting Guild. It's in Windurst Woods right by the Auction House. No staring at the Mithra! :mad: Here you can get your Sysnthesis Support and some advice on what to make, but just between you and me, they don't always tell ya the best thing to make. It could be too hard, or too easy, or be really expensive yada yada yada. I'll explain in this guide the quickest and cheapest way to get your skill up, mine is only around 30 atm because im being cheap with my beetle jaws But anyway back to the guide....

Compendium of Recipes

Ok I started typing out the chart from my game guide and I realized what a COMPLETE waste of time that is. There is a plethora of websites out there with table support that can do it better than me on these forums. Ill post some links at the bottom of the page for more support. But what I WILL include is what I crafted and for what levels to get my crafting up the fastest and cheapest. None of these require a secondary crafting skill, but they will need imaging most likely.

Ok...

(1-3) Bone Hairpin .... 1 Bone Chip .... Wind Crystal
    (3-7) Shell Ring ....... Fish Scales/Sea Shell ..... Wind Crystal
    (7-15) Bone Ring ...... Sheep Tooth/Bone Chip .... Wind Crystal
    (15-20) Bone Mask .... Sheep Leather/Bone Chip/Giant Femur ..... Earth Crystal
    (20-25) Beetle Ring .... Beetle Jaw ..... Wind Crystal
    (25-30) Beetle Mask ... Beetle Jaw/Lizard Skin ....... Earth Crystal

Where to farm to get your items

I got lazy and just cut and pasted from my previous thread in Bonecrafting... Good supply spots or something or another.

Well heres another jot of info from good ol Kujata.

At low levels, the main thing you are going to need is

1.) Bone Chips
    2.) Sheep Teeth
    3.) Fish Scales
    4.) Giant Femurs
    5.) Seashells
    6.) Beetle Jaws
    7.) Sheep leather
    8.) Lizard skins
    9.) Clusters!!!

With just those items I pretty much got my bonecrafting to 30, and I'm a big cheapskate so I farmed everything but the Seashells.

1.) Best place for these is Gusgen Mines. They drop off of the skeleton warriors, but I preffered taking on the wights and wendigos further in just to have a lil farther in, and remember you can steal bone chips too don't ask me why.

2.) You can do double duty here. My suggestion is to get some kind of aoe and train a ton of sheep and nukage them. I used a lvl 50 thf/nin for most of my farming, I would train between 10-13 sheep, then use cyclone. You'll get sheepskins and Sheep teeth, but I'll go more into the skins lata.

3.) This part may make you mad but you can only steal these from Pugils. I actually decided it was a waste of time, bit the bullet and bought em for like 2000 gil a stack on Kujata.

4.) I had lots of fun doing this. You get these from Dhalmel-type monsters, you can find them in Tahrongi Canyon, or Buburimu Peninsula. I don't know about the drop rate in Tahrongi I only farmed in Buburimu, but its so much fun to get like 4-5 dhalmels together and Cyclone them

5.) Unless you have way more time on your hands then you know what to do with, buy these in the AH. These drop off of Squid-type monsters, only place I know to find them without fishing them up is Korroloka Tunnel, and there arent many. If you truly don't wanna buy em I would say go fishing with a Composite Rod and maybe some sliced sardine in Qufim, you should catch quite a few.

6.) I don't know about your server, but on Kujata these dumb things cost 10-11k per stack You will go through a LOT of these around 18-30. My best advice is to take a character through level 38-42 fighting the beetles in Crawlers Nest and offer to make stuff for ppl who let you have the jaws. Also you can take a level 34-38 character through East Altepa. You can try farming them, maybe the ones in Jugner Forest will drop some, I farmed em for awhile with my 50 thf and got 0 .

7.) This is incredibly easy. Buy yourself or farm yourself about 3-5 stacks or clusters of dark crystals, get the same amount of windurstian tea leaves (very very cheap) and the same amount of distilled water and take it with you to Konschat Highlands. When your killing the sheep, every time a sheepskin drops immediately turn it into a stackable item by crafting it with 1 dark crystal, 1 tea leaf, and 1 dist water. Its a 0-2 leathercrafting skill, will hardly ever fail, even on lights day. And any left overs you can sell on the Auction House for ~9000 gil a stack

8.) I would suggest lvling up a weapon that you've never used for this one and I'll explain why. You get these from Lizards (obviously) but its not a really really common drop, so it may take a while to get any substantial amount. I would suggest leveling a weapon from 1-15 on the lizards in S Gustaberg (maybe keep an eye out for leaping lizzy ) the move onto the Konschat Highlands til skill 30ish (keep an eye out for tremor rams which drop horns you will need later, Mary for a quest in San Doria, and Rampaging Ram for a quest in Bastok) then go into the Dunes and kill lizards (Maybe some gobbies too to break the monotony). If you find they arent giving you much skill check out the lizards in Sauramongue Champaigne (sp?) and if your high enough level go into Davoi. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe higher level monsters have higher common item drop rates. (ie: easier for a lizard skin to drop off of a lizard in Sauramongue than South Gustaberg)

9.) Well you can get all your crystals for free too I almost forgot^^ You can find a lot of Wind Elementals around the edges of the ravines on windy days in la theine, its windy a lot. In Konschat Earth elementals spawn by the little exit from the tunnel-like first part, in the little cave where the Forger can be spawned for the Samurai flag (worms near there) and a few more spots maybe but I've never checked. And in Valkurm one always spawns just outside the sand bat tunnel if your hunting lizards. Elementals are good for raising weapon skill as well considering it takes 50 million hits with a low lvl weapon to kill it :sweat:

And so it ends...

Well guys would love some feedback on watcha think, I'll be adding more once I get my bonecraft up higher But I am currently outfitting a lvl 40 paladin, a level 40 ninja, a lvl 50 thf, and oh so much more, so im spending a lotta money lately no time for crafting unless I farm all teh items

Links

Theres not many sites I trust but I was browsing around in killing ifrits and it seemed pretty good. I used the strategy guide, but im bout to have to use something else because the piece of junk is OUTDATED:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: . But oh well heres the link.

Killing Ifrits Guild List
    Meow

m ~.~ m

Hehe not many ppl like bonecrafting...buti do....good list! and item lists......ur guide helps me alot now and u should of put Shell Earring too...same as Shell Ring just different items..... very good and detailed...hehe my crafting is lvl 3..maybe even 2..but im making shell earings and rings with the support!!....havent been crafting much lately <bout to get subjob> well cant wait for the next update!!! peace!
    Every dead body that is not exterminated, gets up and kills. The people it kills, get
    up and kill.

DaRk CarNiVal!!!!

<(o_0<) <(o_o)> (>0_o)> (kirby likes to dance)

Bastok Rank 4
    Others Rank 1

Comment

Are you sure that beetle rings are good until 25? And you think that Bone Masks should be used instead of beetle rings for 16-20? Because I'm 16 right now (have been for a while, been working on woodworking more lately), but I've grown about .5 making beetle rings. As long as I get the advanced synthesis support, I have an ok success rate, and when I fail, I don't seem to lose the beetle jaw...

Anyway, I'm glad someone's spent the time to put in at least a small boneworking guide. It gets really expensive around lvl 15/16, and I've been wondering what is the best way to lvl up. Sheep leather, imo, is too expensive to lvl with.

Cometgreen, who loves bonecrafting

Comment

Well

The good thing about sheepleather though is, you need leathercrafting skill for a lot of your armor sets in Bonecrafting, so you either buy or farm yourself some dark crystals, and then get some tea leaves and some distilled water (veryy very cheap) and go farm the sheepskins. Youll get 2 lvls in Leathercrafting just making the skins, and if you make more leather than you need, hop over to La Theine and bang up a few elementals and turn all of that extra leather into leather headbands. Your gonna hae to invest in Leathercrafting sometime if you REALLY wanna make the good money. Good luck, I think I'm about to start making some horn rings soon w00t!!!

P.S.

Those crafting recipes I gave you will give you the most money back for your effort. The bone masks sell good in the store as well as the AH and you'll make your money back from the leathers easy. Also those recipes raise your skill the fastest, yes you can make the beetle rings at lower levels, but the masks will actually raise your skill faster, because it wont fail as much. Plus you can farm all the materials which is A+ in my book
        Meow

m ~.~ m

Comment

i like bonecrafting cost me 25,000 to get to initate though with no profits it will pay off though

fk yes

Comment

Hers another recipe that I am adding:

At ~28 make Beetle Arrowheads. 1 beetle Jaw and 1 Bone chip, and 1 Wind Crystal. Very easy to make, gets your skill up fast^^

At ~32-33 make Fang Arrowheads (YAY) This is what I am on now, and I love it because while I'm waiting for a party I can pop out into Battalia Downs and farm Tigers (YAY).

I'll tell ya how it works out^^. Btw I havent seen this recipe on any of the recipe websites, dunno why.... so I don't know how far its gonna take me, but I plan on making Bone Knives at ~36-37

Good Luck
            Meow

m ~.~ m

Comment

@36

I'm at level 36 boneccrafting and I realized that Bone Knives are very expensive to make (walnut lumber = 18k a stack on Kujata) so count that out. What I did waws make Horn Rings and bought all the materials and sold em back ot the guild for no profit, no loss until 35 then farmed fangs and am making fang arrowheads atm. Ill tell ya what I cap at lata^^ G'Luck
              Meow

m ~.~ m

Comment

lol i havent been on FFXI in awhile and i had 5wind crystals and 7k so i bought 6 seashells and my bone is now lvl 3 yay.....

do u know how to get the next rank???? who do i talk to??
                Every dead body that is not exterminated, gets up and kills. The people it kills, get
                up and kill.

DaRk CarNiVal!!!!

Bastok Rank 4
                Others Rank 1

Comment

the guild leader

currently have my bonecrafting at level 10...what i did was pretty foolish, however. i went from bone hairpns to bone arrowheads (2 bone + wind crystal) then straight to bone rings :sweat:

failed synths flowing like eggs and honey...not a pretty sight

i think i lost around 15K getting my skill up to 10...but i was attempting a recipe that probably had a 35% success rate (at the time) and bought every single item to make those rings

eventually i got my THF up to 15 and started farming the materials myself...but am having NO LUCK on the sheep teeth in valkurm. for every ONE tooth i have a stack of sheep meat and round 4 sheepskins...the teeth drop rate is unnacceptable IMO =\

anyway...i've got 7 stacks of farmed wind crystals in my mog safe and 12 stacks of farmed bonechips in teh mule's safe...so i'm ready to raise my skill on bone rings...as soon as i get them teet!

i'm seriously starting to consider BST as my main job, however...and that job almost requires some expertise in cooking ; ;
                  WHM42/BST27/BRD18/MNK11/THF15/NIN10/DRK10/WAR9/DRG8/BLM7/SMN4/RNG4 (am i forgetting anything? :b)
                  Emporer: 1/3 (got hairpin after 2 min) Torrent: .5/6 ><
                  /targetnpc /ja "Provoke" <t> (NM heaven...finger HELL)

Comment

WoW lots of money for just lvl 10.....im lvl 3 still.......and ive been getting very lil profits.....shell earrings sell back for like 20 gil profit.........what lvl do u have to be to go to next rank ??
                    up and kill.

DaRk CarNiVal!!!!

Bastok Rank 4
                    Others Rank 1

Comment

you can take the test at 8

fk yes

Comment

Just for the record, I have over 50 goldsmithing and still can not make a decient profit.

Some things wield very little profit but not enough to fund how much it costs for each skillup combine.

Comment

My skill is at 9.1 right now and I took the test for recruit, but now I'm stuck on what to make. I have a very, very low success rate with Bone rings. I have about 20k left and want to get my skill up the best way I can with only 20k in mind. If this isn't possible I guess I'll have to farm for some gil and take a break.
                          Jobs:NIN 40, THF 30, WAR26, RDM17, MNK 12, BLM8, WHM 4
                          Bonecrafting 9.1 Fishing - 4

Comment

Nice guide, i hope you can add more to it soon, ill make it a stick anyhow. also nice contribution shadowstalkerXI.

Comment

My boneworking is 7 and I tried skilling up by making Bone Rings, but they failed more than half the time, and when they do succeed I don't get skill up oftens, like .1 every couple of rings ><

Comment

Working...
                              X