New to Alchemy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Alchemy

I was wondering how one makes HQ items? Or is it just by random chance?

Re: New to Alchemy

Sort of random chance. There are tiers where your chances of HQing an item go up as you skill up past the cap on an item.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
      Sort of random chance. There are tiers where your chances of HQing an item go up as you skill up past the cap on an item.
      Hmm I am just trying to find ways to make a little extra gil.

Comment

You can HQ on items while skilling up on them but for a better chance, you would want to craft items 20 levels lower than your current level.

For example, if youre like level 60-70, you have a higher chance at HQing items between Amateur and initiate rank.

Ark

Comment

Honestly, look at the dates of posts before posting nothing helpful.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

We so need that necro-posting warning on the reply confirmation and the "Undead Topic" icon.
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

The tiers are 11, (10% chance) 31 (30% chance) and 51 (50% chance) above the skill cap of the crafted item to HQ it. But even then it's never consistent. I've gotten strings of all HQ's followed up by next to none (if any) so it balances out in the end.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I noticed that I was occasionally on a rare basis HQing Beeswax 15 levels above the cap when synthing Silent Oils. Possibly because I was 4 levels above the 11-level tier. Use that example as a sort of reference to a low-tier HQ.

Comment

I find it so funny that you all consider this to be necro posting as you will get new members posting all the time.

You mise well expect it.

Ark

Comment

That people are fucktards is no reason to approve of fucktardity. Most new members, however, don't have a hard time posting in threads that were posted within the last year.

Comment

Working...
                    X